GSB Black Alumni Chapter
About the GSB Black Alumni Chapter
The mission of the GSB Black Alumni Chapter is to continuously improve Stanford GSB by helping to recruit, retain, and support Black GSB students, alumni, faculty, and staff. We aim to foster the development of the GSB network and serve as a forum to inspire leadership and address issues that affect African Americans. Lastly, we hope to have an impact at the GSB through our economic support.
- Community - We foster an environment of individual and collective responsiveness between GSB alumni, students, and the institution.
- Development - We are focused on serving the professional development needs of our members.
- Unity - Working together we believe we can achieve more impact.
- Self-empowerment - We enjoy the responsibility of continually improving our situation.
- Inspirational Leadership - We strive to be role models for the African-American community.
- Host a premiere event for Black students, alumni,
and professionals each year
- Increase the number of Black faculty and staff at the GSB
- Establish active GSB Black Alumni Chapter participation across all MBA classes
- The GSB Black Alumni Chapter is visible and vibrant in the professional world and has a significant voice on the GSB campus in terms of access, influence, and impact.
- The Black GSB network is well developed and functioning with annual events and strong ties between members.
- The Black community is well-respected and highly-valued for its significant contributions to the GSB experience.
Kirk Holmes, MBA '87
find out more
- How to Access the GSB Black Alumni Directory. Open to all GSB alumni and students.
- GSB Black Alumni Group
If you are interested in becoming more involved in the GSB Black Alumni Chapter, join our group today or contact our chapter officer Kirk Holmes, MBA '87.
- Attention Students: questions about the GSB Black Alumni Group email Lisa Brown or call +1-650-724-4101.