2012 WIN Conference - Recap
"Women Helping Women to Change Lives,
Change Organizations and Change the World"
About the Program
During an afternoon of inspiration and connection with fellow alumnae, the 130 women who attended this conference experienced a dynamic line-up of speakers that empowered them to more fully change lives, change organizations and change the world.
Susie Cranston, McKinsey Consultant and MBA '04, outlined McKinsey's Centered Leadership model, focusing on the concept of sponsorship, the existence of someone who will "stick her neck out" for you to help you develop and grow. This interactive session equipped participants with practical tools and approaches to developing one's own sponsors, and to improve one's effectiveness in sponsoring others.
Lisa Stone shared her passion for women's online communities and her experiences in launching successful online networks and interactive programming for many national brands before co-founding BlogHer, a top ten women's network that drives revenue with, by and for women. Stone shared her insightson how the online world can uniquely address the interests and needs of women in conversation with mentor and venture pioneer Heidi Roizen, MBA '83. View video
Lynne Twist, author of "The Soul of Money," spoke of her experiences in working with women of great wealth as well as women living in abject poverty all over the world. Sharing inspiring stories of courageous risk-taking among women at all levels of the economic spectrum, Twist encouraged the audience to consider the power of living a life of meaning as well as one filled with success and accomplishment.
Websites with which Lynn is affiliated:
2012 Conference Planners
- Susan Austin, GSB Alumni Relations, Women's Initiative Network
- Robbie Baxter, MBA '96
- Susie Cranston, MBA '04
- Heidi Roizen, MBA '83
- "I liked the variety of presentations -- Susie's workshop exercises, Lisa and Heidi's conversation, and Lynne's talk. I also like the introduction to WIN for those who have not been involved in the past, and the explanation of the networking facilities now available on the GSB website."
- "Each of the speakers was terrific and brought something different to the program. They were relevant, engaging and informative."
- "The whole event - woven throughout- reminded and reinforced how valuable we women can be to each other. It was inspirational as promised."
- "It was an empowering session. It helped me re-center and prioritize!"
- "I thought it was super cool to have women across all classes there. Imagine what a powerful network we could be for each other if everyone [subscribed to GSB discussion boards]."
- "It was inspiring to be around so many impressive and capable women."