GSB Alumni Weekend Retreat at Stanford Sierra Camp
September 19 - 22, 2013 - Register Today!
- SBSAA Life Member Pricing
If SBSAA Life Members register before June 1, 2013 they will get Early Bird Pricing - One person/primary registrant - $729 (cabin or lodge room). See guest pricing below.
After May 31, 2013, one person/primary registrant - $979 (cabin or lodge room).
- Non-Member Pricing*
One person/primary registrant - $979 (cabin or lodge room).
*Until May 31, 2013, non-members have the option to purchase an SBSAA membership ($825) when registering for Sierra Camp and get early bird pricing for one person/primary registrant ($729).
- Guest Pricing
- Each Adult Guest in same cabin or lodge room - $449
- Each Child (6 - 13) - $239 (includes morning kids camp)
- Each Child (1- 5) - $239 (includes kids camp for the 3-5 year olds)
- Each Child (under 1) - $55 (includes a portable crib)
About Sierra Camp
GSB alumni are invited to become part of a Stanford tradition that University alumni and their families have enjoyed for more than 50 years. Just south of Lake Tahoe, Stanford's exclusive Sierra Camp will designate one autumn weekend to GSB alumni, friends and family for a relaxing, nature-filled getaway!
The area's beauty and adventure attract so many that its summer camp program has been sold out every year since 1988, leaving hundreds of alumni on a waiting list. You have a rare opportunity to see firsthand what all the fuss is about this September. View photos from last year's GSB Sierra Camp
Lakefront Lodge & Cabins
The main lodge holds the dining room, camp store and common rooms, not to mention breathtaking lakeside views. Each family gets a comfortable cabin or lodge room with private bath.
For the Kids
Children will enjoy creative, educational and fun-filled programs for ages 6 - 13 from 9:30 am until noon. And once again, we will have "Pam's Camp" group for the 3-5 year olds. Children must be 3 years old AND toilet trained (no diapers) in order to attend "Pam's Camp." Note: a separate self-lead toddler (with parent) play group is also planned at the "munchkin patch."
Special Weekend Activities
The weekend provides great opportunities to spend quality time with your family and friends.
- Family Fun Night: An entertaining, interactive evening of games and music.
- Wine & Cheese Social: A great chance to socialize with old classmates and network with new friends.
- Campfire: The whole family can come together to roast marshmallows and tell stories.
- Indoor and Outdoor Games
- Adventurous Nature Hikes
- Family Programs that Get Everyone Involved
- Boat Cruises
Lake and Mountain Outings
- Take in the fresh air and a good book by the lake
- Explore during a guided hike into Desolation Wilderness
- Sail, row or paddle across Fallen Leaf Lake
- Play tennis, volleyball or basketball
What You Need to Know
- Weather can be totally unpredictable (including snow).
Check the Tahoe Weather website
- Map and Directions
Download PDF (PDF, 51KB)
- Sierra Camp Fact Sheet (PDF, 74KB)
Suggested packing items
- Casual clothes
- Water bottle
- Rain gear
- Hat and gloves
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Day pack
- Hiking boots
- Fishing gear
- Tennis shoes and racquet
- Warm jacket
- Cash for lattes or massage or Sierra Camp gear
*SBSAA Life Members include all annual, current pledge members, and life members of the Stanford Business School Alumni Association (SBSAA).