Discussion Boards - Alumni Login Required
Remember to post to a board by email, you need to be subscribed to the board.
When you join a GSB group, you will automatically be subscribed to that group's discussion board. All posts to the group will be included in a daily digest. At the bottom of the daily digest, or any discussion board post, is information on how to update your delivery preferences, and how to unsubscribe.
- GSB Discussion Boards
- Delivery Preferences
Discussion Boards Available to Alumni
First Choose a Category to Find the Board You want to Post To
- GSB Chapter/Regional Group Discussion Boards
Domestic and International (60)
- GSB Class Group Discussion Boards
MBA, MSx/Sloan, PhD, SEP, and MBA Women Class sites 1976 - 2013 (212)
- GSB Diversity Group Discussion Boards
Women, Black, Hispanic, Military, Pride, Asian, Jewish, Latin American, South Asian (14)
- GSB Career and Business
Biz Advice, Biz News, Family Business ...(8)
- GSB Industry
Entrepreneurs, HiTech, Private Equity, VC ...(26)
- GSB Interests
Arts, Dogs, Golfers, Home Parents, Rental Exchange, Wine ...(7)
- GSB Classifieds and Special Interests by Region
Regional Classifieds, Parent Resources, Rentals/Real Estate ...(5)
- GSB Interest/Affinity Group Discussion Boards
JD/MBAs, Social Innovation, Chapter Officers, Class Secretaries (7)
- Search All GSB Groups
Alumni or Student created groups also have discussion boards
Subscribe or Unsubscribe
When you join an GSB group, you will automatically be subscribed to that group's discussion board. All posts to the group will be included in a daily digest. At the bottom of the daily digest or any discussion board post, is information on how to update your delivery preferences, and how to unsubscribe.
Why Subscribe to a Board?
Only subscribers can post and get board postings by email. Remember to set your delivery preferences to choose between immediate delivery, or a daily, or weekly digest. All boards you select to digest the posts, will come in one digest.
Post to the Discussion Boards
Anytime you post to a GSB alumni discussion board, either through the website or by email, all subscribers to that board will get an email of the posting. Remember that most alumni are subscribed to multiple boards so we suggest that you post your message to one or two boards at a time. Then, if over the following week, you don't get the desired responses from your posting, then consider posting to an additional board.
Subscribers can post to the boards by sending an email to the board's email address .
- Emails to the board email address create a "New Post" on the board website and generate an email message to all board subscribers.
From the Website
Log into GSB Discussion Boards, and choose the board that best describes your interest or need. Select the blue "New Post" button.
- "New Posts" on the website generate an email message to board subscribers.
- Formatting Posts
The post title will be the subject of the email version of your post. We recommend if copying your content from another source (word, or other emails), you put it into notepad or wordpad first so it is converted to text and strips out any hidden code that can create problems with your post.
- Remember to select the "Submit" button to post to the board.
Reply to Postings
Subscribers can reply to the boards by sending an email to the board's email address .
- "Reply" to the email and only the sender will receive your response, and your response WILL NOT be posted to the Discussion Board website.
- "Reply All" to the email, and the sender and all subscribers will receive your response. Your response will be posted to the Discussion Board.
From the Website
When Replying to a Post on the Discussion Board Website
- "Reply" to a post on the website will also generate an email to all subscribers.
- If you only want to reply to the alum who wrote the "Post," click on the poster's name at the bottom of the posting to go to their profile. Under "Actions" choose "Send a Message."
You can choose board by board immediate delivery, daily, or weekly digest.
- Review your subscriptions settings using the link in the left-hand navigation
"My Profile/Privacy/Preferences/Discussion Boards"
- We recommend you set your class board to deliver messages " immediately" so you don't miss out on timely information from your class secretary about Magazine News and Note deadlines and reunion information.
Search across all GSB Discussion Boards by key words to find a past discussion. You do not need to remember the specific board when looking for a past discussion, and you can narrow your search to a specific board.
Alumni have communicated loud and clear that they love compilations! So feel free to offer to compile responses and post them to the discussion board.
- We Suggest You Post Your Message to One or Two Boards
Anytime you post to a Discussion Board, either through the website or by email, all subscribers to that board will get an email of the posting and most alumni are subscribed to multiple boards. If over the following week, you don't get the desired responses from your posting, then consider posting to another board.
- What About Attachments?
Attachments cannot be posted to the Discussion Board. We suggest you copy the contents of the attachment into the email response.
- Alumni Have Requested You Remember
Post questions and information that benefit alumni directly, not friends and family. Board postings shouldn't promote personal business or special interests (fundraising, political, non-profits, etc.) because alumni view such postings as inappropriate. More Details
Discussion Board Email Addresses
Board subscribers can post to the boards by sending an email to the board's email address .
Need a Discussion Board Not Listed?
Contact Aldona Woroniecka at email@example.com.
- Discussion Board Usage Policy and Guidelines
- Discussion Board Help
- Discussion Board Email Addresses
- GSB Groups
- Alumni Directories
- Alumni Webmail