Highlights of Discussion Boards
- All subscribers to the GSB Discussion Boards are subscribed to the corresponding GSB discussion boards.
- Subscribers continue to get their messages by email, but have new options to digest their messages or only view them on the alumni website.
- You don't need to be a subscriber to post to a board or read postings.
- Keyword search gives you the option to search across all GSB discussion boards by key words to find a past discussion.
- Your name, program, and class year will automatically be listed with your post. There are no anonymous postings.
- Just like the "old mail groups" you can reply to a discussion via email or you can now post directly from the discussion board website.
- Discussion boards are integrated with the Alumni Directory. You can quickly see the profile and contact information of those posting to the boards, as well as follow their other discussions. You can also update the email used for discussion boards in your directory profile preferences.
- You use the same alumni username and password to access the Directory, Discussion Boards, and all other alumni services.
As a GSB alumni or current student you can now search the directory for fellow classmates or alumni with similar interests, industries, or living in your area, and invite them into your personal network. Prefer not to connect with a particular alum? "Blocking" is available.
Why is "Friends of Friends," and "Friends of Friends of Friends" at "0" even though I have friends?
Friends of Friend counts re-build each 24 hours, and Friends of Friends of Friends build weekly. This is most noticeable in the early stages of building your network.
I updated my profile, when will these changes take effect related to my friends?
The changes will show in your profile immediately, but the behaviors of the community vary in when these changes will take effect. Such as:
- Friends of Friend counts re-build each 24 hours, and Friends of Friends of Friends build weekly. This is most noticeable in the early stages of building your network.
- I change my home address from Palo Alto, CA to Los Angeles - the People near me to reflect LA will show overnight
- If I add my dorm or change it - My fellow dormmates will notice this overnight.
- If I change my social class year - I would see my "new set" of classmates change overnight.
- If I add friends - my people of interest change will change weekly, currently on Sundays.
My Friends Groups
It is easy to categorize your network connections into personalized friend groups. Simply name your new friend group and then search for the alumni you want to add to that group.
GSB alumni and current students can now message alumni from an alumni directory search result, or quick connect without having to copy and paste the email address into your email browser. Make sure that your preferred email address is up to date and that your preferences are set to accept messages.
Privacy/Preferences - Messaging
Choose whom you want to hear from and when.
Online Customer Service Contact Information
Please contact Online Customer Service at U.S.A. 1-866-543-0243, International 1-650-724-0627. Office Hours are Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Pacific time.