Directory Updates - Frequently Asked Questions
- Why do I need to update my profile?
- What if I don't have a current business?
- I am worried about privacy and I am not sure I want to display my information in the GSB Directory. Tell me more...
- Why should I care about updating my information if I am not going to "show" it in the GSB Directory?
- What if I don't want to do my updates online?
The Alumni online directory is a great networking source within the GSB community. The School also uses alumni information to support its efforts in recruiting new applicants, directing research and teaching projects, and dozens of academic, social, and public service programs for the GSB and broader community. However, if the information in the directory is out of date or missing, then these opportunities may be limited.
Just enter the information from your most recent past business and any board positions you may hold now or held in the past.
I am worried about privacy and I am not sure I want to display my information in the GSB Directory. Tell me more...
Our alumni information is highly confidential, for GSB student and alumni use only. You can set privacy for each piece of information that you don't want to show in the Directory, and it will still be available for internal use to assist in the School's programs. It's a sophisticated, secure system.
Why should I care about updating my information if I am not going to "show" it in the GSB Directory?
Having complete and accurate information in the Alumni Directory increases its value to both alumni and the School. The Directory is the alumni's source for networking within the GSB community, helping with careers, nonprofit activities, and social activities. Even if your information does not display in the Directory, it is still available for internal purposes. The School uses alumni information to support the GSB in many ways, including recruiting new applicants, directing research and teaching projects, and supporting academic, social, and public service programs for the GSB and broader community.
If you prefer to mail or fax your updates back to the alumni office, Download the FAX Form (in PDF format), fax it to the Alumni Relations office at +1-650-723-5151, or mail it to: The GSB Alumni Relations Office, Stanford Graduate School of Business, Knight Management Center, 655 Knight Way, Stanford, CA 94305-7298.
- Help your classmates recognize you by adding your photo to your Profile.
- Past Employment and Board information are searchable fields. Make sure yours are complete.
- Upload your most recent resume. The file size must be less than one megabyte (MB) and should be one of these file types: .txt, .doc, .html, .htm, .rtf, and .pdf.
- Enter Other Degrees received outside of Stanford. Search for the institution in the dropdown of Institutions.
- Enter your Country of Birth, and Ethnicity
- Let people know your Interests and Expertise. A fellow alum might need your help as a consultant on their next energy project or to translate their child's Portuguese homework.