Career Coach Questions
Questions to consider when talking to a career coach:
- What is their coaching process and methodology?
- What key topics are covered in the sessions?
- What type of self-assessment tools are used? Is there a separate fee for self-assessment?
- What are the benefits of a coaching relationship?
- What type of individuals do they have experience working with? (job changers, executives, re-entrys, etc.)
- What is his/her level of experience and track record?
- What are his/her coaching credentials?
- What if I don't live in the same city as you? Can I go through the coaching process by phone and/or email?
- What kind of time commitment is involved outside of the 1:1 sessions? (hours per week? is there homework involved?)
- How often will you meet? (weekly or monthly) How long? (30 min, 1hr, etc.)
- How accessible are they? Can you call anytime or do you need an appointment? What is their preferred method of contact? (email or phone)
- How many total sessions do they think you'll need?
- How much do they charge?
- Do they have references available?